International School Award
We have been awarded the British Council’s prestigious International School Award in recognition of our work to bring the world into the classroom.
The International School Award is a badge of honour for schools that do outstanding work in international education, such as through links with partner schools overseas. Fostering an international dimension in the curriculum is at the heart of the British Council’s work with schools, so that young people gain the cultural understanding and skills they need to live and work as global citizens.
Our international work includes:
- Having a link with a Chinese school and learning some Mandarin
- Having a link with a Spanish school, exchanging Christmas cards and sharing the ways we celebrate this event along with sharing information about different homes
- Having a link with a French school where children learnt how to describe themselves through sending letters to each other
- Sharing Chinese New Year activities with another local school
- Organising a cross-curricular global learning week
- Hosting Chinese teachers who looked at our English and Maths teaching
John Rolfe, from the British Council, said: ‘The school’s fantastic international work has rightfully earned it this prestigious award. The International School Award is a great chance for schools to demonstrate the important work they’re doing to bring the world into their classrooms. Adding an international dimension to children’s education ensures that they are truly global citizens and helps prepare them for successful future careers in an increasingly global economy.’