An impressive range of clubs is offered at various times (lunchtime and before and after school) to extend opportunities for children, to enable them to experience a wider curriculum and to deepen their learning and increase their skills.
Our latest club list can be found by clicking here.
Activities may vary from term to term.
Very occasionally, a club cannot run as published. We try to avoid cancelling clubs and appreciate this can cause difficulties. If cancellation cannot be avoided, we adopt the following system:
1. Where we can, we will give one week’s notice to parents: by email and hard copy to those registered
2. The children will be told at the club the preceding week
3. Where there is less than one week's notice, Steps 1 and 2 will be used up to the preceding day of the club, with apologies for short notice
4. If there are unforeseen circumstances on the day of a club, we will do our best to cover it with other members of staff. Where this cannot be done and the club needs to be cancelled, we will:
- email parents as early as possible in the day with a request to reply to acknowledge receipt and give collection arrangements
- phone parents who receive communication by hard copy
- keep a record of the replies and phone parents who have not responded
- inform staff dismissing children at the end of the day of collection arrangements
- Where it has not been possible to contact parents, we will supervise children at school until the normal end time of the club. Where parents have been contacted, but cannot make arrangements to collect at the normal end of the day, we are happy to supervise children until the normal end time of the club (where we have cancelled at short notice).
Pupils’ experience of school is enriched with a wide range of events and extra clubs … which all contribute to pupils’ outstanding spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
Ofsted July 2013