Who we are and what we do
All parents and guardians of pupils at the school are members of the association, with a small number of elected officers serving as the committee.
The aims of the association as set out in our constitution are:
- To advance the education of the pupils of the School by providing and assisting in the provision of the facilities for education at the School. (Over and above that normally provided by the Local Authority).
- Foster more extended relationships between the Staff and Parents and others associated with the School.
- Provide occasional social functions to promote good fellowship between members and children.
- Engage in activities which support the School and raise money towards the cost of education.
As well as organising fun events for children and parents, we also organise presents for the children to purchase for their parents, carers, siblings etc for Christmas, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. This teaches children how to ‘shop’ and gives the recipient a nice surprise as all presents are wrapped for the children.
Over the years the Friends Association has raised funds to provide the school with funding for:
- Visualisers for each classroom and the hall
- New Chairs
- Playground markings
- Coaches to/from Pantomimes
- In-house Pantomimes
- Willow Art Structure
- Leavers’ Gifts
- Sound system and speakers